Easter is tomorrow and I have been searching for unique ways to decorate easter eggs with my three-year old.. I am a fashion blogger and editor, so this should be easy right? Well my brain is actually dead.. Although I love glitter, I wanted to find a unique idea besides the glitter Easter egg. I love these mosaic eggs in spring colors because they can be used long after the holiday season. Check out this cool how to for making mosaic eggs. Read the full article HERE
How To Make Mosaic Eggs
What You’ll Need:
- White eggshells
- Craft paper or newspaper
- Boiling water
- Food coloring
- Bowls or cups
- Fork or slotted spoon
- Paper towels
- Hard-boiled or ceramic eggs
Mosaic Eggs (Photo Credit: Parents Magazine)
1. Rinse eggshells with warm water and set aside. Protect your work surface with craft paper.
2. Combine one cup boiling water, one tablespoon vinegar, and 20 drops food coloring in a bowl or cup.
3. Submerge eggshells in colored liquid for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired color is achieved.
4. Use a fork or a slotted spoon to remove dyed shells and let dry completely on a stack of paper towels.
5. Break colored eggshells into smaller pieces then use craft glue to adhere to the egg; let dry overnight.
Check out this great recipe on the Skinny Taste