The Trina Turk Fall 2013 Collection paid homage to the 70’s style with rich textures, lux fabrics, impeccable tailoring, and fabulous hats. If you ever wanted to recreate the hairstyles you see on the runway, then today is your lucky day. We spoke with Martin- Christopher Harper, the lead stylist from Cutler/Redken Salon to find out his inspiration for this sleek style shown on the Trina Turk Fall 2013 runway.
“I wanted to channel Marisa Berenson and Jane Forth, the 1960’s and 1970’s Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue cover models, and felt a simple, chic low ponytail was very wearable on and off the runway, says Harper.”
I tried this style last night and it was really easy to recreate. It’s the perfect style to where to work or a night on the town. Let me know what you guys think?
Create the look yourself with these step by step directions:
- Spray damp hair with Redken Clear Moisture Instant Polishing Prep Leave-In Cutting and Detangling Lotion, followed by Cutler Specialist Volumizing Spray and brush hair throughout.
- Create a center part and blow dry straight with a paddle brush.
- While grabbing hair into a low ponytail, tilt head slightly forward so that the hair sits slightlyover the ears and secure with a hair tie at the nape of the neck, right at the occipital bone.
- Wrap a small section of hair around the hair tie and secure with a bobby pin.
- Spray hair all over with Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray followed by Redken Control Addict 28 High Control Hairspray to keep the style in place.
- Redken Clear Moisture Instant Polishing Prep Leave-In Cutting and Detangling Lotion: $13.50 –
- Cutler Specialist Volumizing Spray: $21.00
- Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray: $17.00
- Redken Control Addict 28 High Control Hairspray: $18.00